ADDRESS:142Forest Road,Hurstville,NSW 2220
SERVICE HOURS:09:00 - 18:00
PHONE:+612 8018 7668

more >>

more >>

more >>

188A Business Innovation Visa

457 Work Visa

 What are the major differences between the Parent category and the Contributory Parent category?

The major differences between the 2 categories are that:
he Contributory Parent category has more visa places available each Migration Program year; and
By applying for a visa in the Contributory Parent category, parents choose to make a substantially higher contribution to their future health and welfare costs.

What are the requirements that I must meet to migrate as a parent?

To be granted a visa in the Parent category, generally you must satisfy the following requirements.
Have a child, who is:
· An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen;
· Settled in Australia (resident for at least 2 years);
· Willing to sponsor you; and
· At least 18 years of age.
Pass the balance of family test:
· At least half of your children live permanently in Australia; or
· More children live lawfully and permanently in Australia than in any other single country.
Satisfy certain public interest criteria:
· This includes health and character checks; and
· An approved Assurance of Support and have lodged an Assurance of Support bond.
If you are applying from within Australia, you will also need to meet the age requirements for the Aged Parent Visa.
In addition, to make an acceptable application for a visa in the Parent category, you must also withdraw any previous parent application that has not yet been decided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

What is the temporary sponsored parent visa?

The new visa will allow Australians to sponsor their parents to stay in Australia for up to five years at a time.
This new visa arrangement does not replace the existing Parent category visas.
The new visa provides an important cultural link for children of Australian migrants, while recognising the social benefits afforded through parent reunification, such as assistance with minding of grandchildren.
Additionally, this visa seeks to address long-standing community concerns about wait times under existing parent visa arrangements. 

Who is eligible to apply for a temporary sponsored parent visa?

This new visa arrangement is for parents (biological or adoptive) and step-parents of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand Citizens.
A step-parent can only apply if they are still in a married/de facto relationship with a biological parent of the sponsoring Australian child.
Only one set of parents per household (that is maximum two people) can be sponsored for this visa at a time. 

What requirements must a parent meet to be granted a temporary sponsored parent visa?

The Balance of Family test does not apply to this new visa.
To be granted a temporary sponsored parent visa, a person must satisfy a number of requirements, including:
· having their Australian child approved as a sponsor
· meet identity, health and character requirements
· not having an outstanding public health debt in Australia.
They will also be required to hold, and maintain, health insurance, from an Australian provider, valid for their intended period of stay in Australia.

How will the temporary sponsored parent visa differ from existing parent visa arrangements?

Under this new visa arrangement:
· the sponsorship and visa applications will be assessed separately
· a person must be approved as a sponsor before a visa application can be made
· prospective sponsors and visa applicants will be subject to a number of assessable criteria which must be met before an application can be approved, or granted.
Further information will be published when it becomes available. 

What fees and charges will be applicable to this new visa? What will the ‘bond’ be set at?

The visa application charge for:
· a five year visa will be AUD10,000
· a three year visa will be AUD5,000.
There will be no financial bond for this visa.

How long will a temporary sponsored parent visa be valid for, and how many times will I be able to apply?

Once granted, the visa will be valid for either three or five years.
You can apply for, and be granted, this visa more than once but the maximum stay is 10 years in total.

Will there be an English language requirement?

No. There is no English language requirement.

What is a Skills Assessment?

A Skills Assessment is a means of testing whether or not a visa applicant has the skills necessary to perform their nominated occupation. Skills Assessments aren’t conducted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP); they’re conducted by external third party skills assessment providers who charge a fee for the service. Those providers may direct applicants to undergo the assessment through one of their associated assessing bodies, including TAFEs, universities and private colleges.
Applicants may be required to provide a wide range of evidence to substantiate their prior work experience, any past qualifications, and current ability to perform their occupation during the course of their Skills Assessment.

next page